They boast trendy decor, chic designs, and upscale amenities for travelers who take pampering themselves seriously. They’re situated near some of the most sought-after locales anywhere, from sun-drenched beaches to posh bars to elegant restaurants. And luckily for budget-minded consumers, “funky” does not have to translate to “high price tag.” Read on for our top picks of hip hotels that are affordable, ooze style, breathe sophistication and were smartly designed with you – the hotel guest – in mind.
1. The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas: Opened Dec. 15, 2010, this 3,000-room, 52-story hotel features a luxurious 100,000-square-foot casino with sweeping views of the Las Vegas Strip, a spa/fitness center, 1,800-seat theater, and an eclectic collection of shops and restaurants. Among the $3.9 billion luxury resort’s standout features are its three swimming pools: The Bamboo Pool offers a sense of secluded privacy, the Boulevard Pool overlooks the Strip, and the Day Club Pool, with its lounge-like atmosphere, will surely tickle the fancy of nightclub goers. The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas rung in the New Year with a bang thanks to performances by rapper Jay-Z and rock band Coldplay on Dec. 31.
2. Catalina Hotel & Beach Club South Beach: Those who don’t associate affordable luxury with South Beach have never been to this trendy property just 1 block from the ocean and Lincoln Road Mall. The perfect choice for travelers who refuse to skimp on comfort, Catalina Hotel & Beach Club offers various room types to fit different tastes and budgets. For example, price-conscious guests will likely opt for a 125-square-foot On A Budget room, while those in town
for business and with a greater need for space will gravitate toward the B-ROOMS. Whatever the accommodation type, you’ll no doubt get plenty of relaxation with Tempur-Pedic Swedish Mattresses, 300-thread count Belgian sheets, goose down comforters and comfy pillows. Raising the bar on hip Miami hotels, the property also has 2 rooftop pools, 2 restaurants, and 3 bars and lounges. Take advantage of complimentary niceties such as airport shuttle service, beach chair rentals, Happy Hour cocktails and use of the hotel’s red cruiser bikes.
3. Seven Hotel Paris: This four-star designer hotel in Paris’s Latin Quarter redefines funky. Guests can choose from sleek, luminous rooms and suites with high-tech amenities and special “floating beds” that create the illusion of being suspended in mid-air. You can unwind with a drink in the slick bar following a busy day soaking up Paris’ myriad attractions. A large video screen displaying 3D images of bubbles greets you at the entrance, setting the stage for a uniquely modern hotel experience.
4. Ace Hotel New York: Looking for hip hotels in New York? Set at the corner of Broadway and 29th Street in Midtown Manhattan, the 12-story Ace Hotel’s interiors combine lighting, objects and finishes from different eras to convey a sense of freedom and unconventionality. Paintings and murals by emerging artists adorn the hotel’s well-appointed rooms, all of which boast flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations and wireless internet. Not to be missed is the English-style Breslin Bar & Dining Room, which will appeal to even the most demanding meat lovers.
5. Hotel Diva San Francisco: Sexy and sleek, this hip hotel marries modern elegance with cutting edge-style. Meander past the Diva sidewalk of fame featuring signatures of past celebrity guests before making your way into Hotel Diva’s sophisticated lobby. Among the rooms’ distinguishing features are cobalt blue carpets and stainless steel sculpted headboards. If time permits, take a peek at the hotel’s eye-catching lounges, which were carefully designed by some of the area’s most renowned designers. Hotel Diva lies within two blocks of the restaurants and shops of Union Square, and directly across from the American Conservatory Theatre (ACT) and the Curran Theatre.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5761887